Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I am not sure if anyone even reads this blog. But for the one or two people that might I just wanted to let ya know that I have not been posting as much lately because of a few things. First I had to go to Nebraska to attend the funeral of my great aunt. She was the last of my grandmas siblings to pass away. It is sad to realize that many from my grandparents generation are no longer with us. I just hope that many of the traditions they started will continue. I also feel very fortunate to have been so close, not only to my grandparents but to many of their brothers and sisters.

The other thing going on in my life is I had surgery on my shoulder Monday. I had a small lump on my right shoulder that has been there for about 3 years. It never really bothered me much so I never really took the time to get it removed. However, in the last few months I have been hitting the gym pretty hard and my workout partner (and great friend) kept bugging me to go to the Doctor and get it removed. So, I did. The doctor told me the surgery would take about 15 minutes and it would require just a very small cut etc. However that is not what happened. Without going into all the details the surgery took about 1 1/2 hours. According to the doctor the lump was "bigger and more established than we thought and it was big enough that we should have had you sedated" Yep, I was awake for the entire thing. There was really no pain but it sure was an odd thing to be awake for.

I must also add that it made me feel a lot better that my friend Doug was there for me the entire day. I could not have done it without him - nor would I have wanted to. Thanks Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment