Thursday, May 7, 2009

Another Broken Campaign Promise!?

It does not matter if you agree with this program or not - frankly I think it is a good program. But what is beginning to concern me a great deal is that the administration is "not yet ready" that seems to be a theme and I don't like it!

Obama, during the primary campaign, pledged his support of needle exchange programs to slow the spread of HIV/AIDS. When he took over the White House, the administration website affirmed: "The President also supports lifting the federal ban on needle exchange, which could dramatically reduce rates of infection among drug users."

White House spokesman Ben LaBolt said the administration isn't yet ready to lift the ban - but Obama still supports needle exchange.

So, let me get this right - you say you SUPPORT it but are not going to FUND it? Hmm.....where have I heard that before??

No comments:

Post a Comment